Bamboo Shoots Low Fat Salad
Bamboo shoots low fat salad by Steve (Australia)
- 1 can whole bamboo shoots
- 25gms rice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 2 chopped spring onions
- 3 Tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 Tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1 Teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon mild chilli powder
- 1 Tablespoon chopped mint
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.
- Drain off the bamboo shoots from the can and slice them into fine slices.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions for your chosen rice.
- Drain the rice.
- Put all the ingredients into a large bowl except the bamboo shoots and gently mix together.
- Pour the mixture over the bamboo shoots.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over.
Leach or boil particular species before eating to eliminate toxins. Not all bamboo is edible!